ONLINE VIDEO LESSONS VIA ZOOM, SKYPE, ETC.
SINGING, GUITAR, PIANO & KEYBOARD, BASS GUITAR, UKULELE, SONGWRITING & RECORDING
For a number of years, I offered live online video lessons to folks anywhere. It's been a great way to continue teaching students that have moved out of the Denver Metro area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I have been teaching lessons exclusively via video (Zoom) since March 19, 2020; you can read more about my coronavirus response here. Optionally, I am offering outside socially-distanced lessons at my location for summer 2020. Please contact me for more details about outside summer lessons.
Though not as ideal as in person lessons, online lessons work well. We can cover and learn all of the things we normally would, and the technology even offers a couple advantages: No commuting for students, recording and instant sharing of practice materials, more schedule flexibility. As usual, I offer a free intro lesson so in you can check out the online format, as well as my teaching style to see if it works for you.
We use Zoom for our video lessons, which is similar to Skype, Google Meet/Hangouts, Facetime, WhatsApp Video or Messenger Video. I'll also set up a shared Google Drive folder for me to give you lesson materials and save lesson recordings. And lastly we'll use fee-free forms of electronic payment: Venmo, Zelle and Paypal Friends & Family; no credit cards please for your lesson payment.
Please take a look at the Lessons Overview & Teaching Philosophy page for more details about lesson content. Or about the specific lessons that I teach for singing~voice~vocal (online/video), acoustic & electric guitar (online/video), piano & keyboard (online/video), bass guitar (online/video) and ukulele (online/video) And classes and workshops in: mindful music (online), songwriting (online) and home studio recording (online)
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free intro lesson, please contact me.
DETAILS ABOUT VIDEO LESSONS
Here is what you need:
- Device with a front facing camera that can stand up or you can prop up on it's own. Bigger screens are better. (For piano lessons, you need two devices. For piano only, contact me so we can walk through that.)
- Download a Zoom app on your device via Android or Apple webstore or go to zoom.us for Windows or Mac apps. You do not need a Zoom account.
- I will create a shared Google Drive folder for you. I will be putting materials and audio files in here. You can access Google Drive via your Google account via a web browser. Or download to your device via Android or Apple webstore. You can also download an app for Windows or Mac that will sync files automatically to your computer. More info at: https://www.google.com/drive/
- We will start our lessons our agreed time, but add up to 15 minutes as needed to the lesson to connect, work with any technical issues, and create a more spacious experience.
- We will do our lesson in a regular Zoom meeting sent to you when we schedule your free intro lesson.
- Expect there to be initial technical difficulties and at some points down the road. If there are any problems, just call right away And we will work through it together.