LIVE UKULELE LESSONS VIA ZOOM
ROCK THE UKE!
Ukulele is great! Small, portable, inexpensive and easy to press down the strings! I teach beginner and up ukulele lessons to adults and kids! I'll teach you how to play the songs and techniques you're interested in learning!
Did you know that a ukulele is a lot like a guitar? Specifically the same tuning as the high 4 strings of a guitar with a capo on the 5th fret? In other words, if you play guitar, you already know a bit of ukulele and vice versa.
Uke is one of the later instruments I picked up on (along with drum kit). I like that guitar knowledge is easily applied. And the diversity of sound it brings!
Learn to play the ukulele in ways that are fun and inspiring, and tailored to your specific needs and desires! Learn more about my teaching style and philosophy on the Lessons Overview & Teaching Philosophy page.
UKULELE SPECIFIC STUFF I TEACH
- UKE CHORDS: Starter ukulele chords. And moving to advanced chord technique
- STRUMMING: Moving from simple to advanced
- UKULELE TECHNIQUE: Learn the instrument at the depth you desire
- FINGERPICKING: Pre-set patterns and improvisational fingerpicking
- UKE TAB: An easier form of stringed instrument notation
- UKULELE SOLOING: You can learn to improvise with ease! And it's a lot of fun!
SPECIFICS FOR ALL INSTRUMENTS I TEACH
- EASY, ACCESSIBLE MUSIC READING: I use simple forms of written music, instrument technique and memory based learning, that are immediately accessible from lesson one! You'll be playing music you love right away!
- SONGS: Learn the songs you want! With guidance from me to help you learn progressively
- STYLES: Learn the styles you like! Folk, rock, blues, pop, country, soul, heavy, singer-songwriter, bluegrass, world, starter jazz, starter classical, and whatever else you love!
- SINGING & PLAYING: Much easier than you think! And makes your experience more fun!
- VOICE: I teach robust, practical singing~voice~vocal technique to whatever depth works for you if you want to improve your voice along with your instrument!
- MUSICIANSHIP: Learning to be musical. And playing like you mean it!
- CREATIVE PLAYING: Spice up your playing with creativity, improvisation & advanced technique!
- BLUES: Blues is the foundation of a lot of modern music. A lot of students love learning the blues!
- USEFUL MUSIC THEORY: Relevant to your needs, goals and playing ability
- IMPROVISATION: Applied to your soloing and accompaniment
- SONGWRITING: Learn to write your own songs through tools, tips and theory
- PERFORMANCE: Techniques and practices to help with your open mic or gig
- JAMMING: Learn the theory and tips to play creatively and improvisationally with other people
- RECORDING: Techniques and practices to help with your recordings
- SIGHT READING: Learn to read standard staff notation
- COACHING & PRACTICE STRATEGIES: Make sure you are getting out of your own way to reach your goals. And you have the most effective strategies to get there!
- WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT TO LEARN: I can help you learn whatever else you'd like to learn!