OUR LESSON AGREEMENT
This is our agreement about the business side of our relationship. Please take a minute to read it, as this is what we'll follow should anything arise about cancellation, payment and so on.
CANCELLING YOUR LESSONS:
- If you notify me a week or more in advance, no lesson credit is deducted, and your lessons are extended.
- If you notify me less than a week but up until your start time, a lesson credit is deducted, and that lesson becomes makeup time.
- If you don't show up and don't notify me, a lesson credit is deducted, and you lose that lesson.
WHAT IS MAKEUP TIME?
It's a way to make up your cancelled lessons, even if you have to cancel at the last minute. As I have availability, we schedule your makeup time outside of your regular lesson time, by adding makeup time your regular lesson time or a scheduling makeup lessons in addition to your regular lessons.
SUPER IMPORTANT! Makeup time is not the same as regular lesson time. If you cancel your makeup time after you schedule it, you lose that makeup time. I schedule makeup time with active, paying students i.e. makeup time does not extend your lessons if you are stopping your regular lessons.
PAYING FOR YOUR LESSONS:
- Lessons are paid in advance in sets of four with cash or check, which become lesson credits.
- Returned checks will be charged $30 plus any cost of collections.
- Unused lesson credits expire six months from payment date, gift certificates expire one year from issue date, and makeup time expires when you stop lessons.
- All lessons, makeup time and gift certificates are not refundable.
OTHER STUFF ABOUT YOUR LESSONS:
- As a courtesy to the student before you, please don't knock before your lesson time.
- We don't add time onto your lesson if you are running late, and please notify me if you are running more than fifteen minutes late so I know to still expect you.
- Lessons held during our normal, erratic Colorado weather. If there are bad weather school closures in your or my area, and you'd like to cancel your lesson, please notify me, and no lesson credit is deducted, and your lessons are extended. However, if it's not school closure weather, and you'd like to cancel your lesson, a lesson credit is deducted, and that lesson becomes makeup time.
- Our lesson agreement applies to gift certificates.